Measuring Guidelines and How to Measure
Please measure to the nearest inch with a full measuring tape. All decimal measurements will be rounded up to the nearest inch. We suggest wearing only a bathing suit or undergarments when measuring completely around the body, and we recommend the same person measure all team members if possible. Do not have individual team members measure themselves.
BASIC MEASUREMENTS NEEDED FOR MOST UNIFORMS:
Basic measurements (bust, waist, hips, top and skirt lengths) are needed for most custom uniforms. Start with these measurements, then view our SIZE CHARTS to determine which size to order.
1. Bust/Chest: Measure completely around the body at the fullest point of the bust/chest, under the arms, with tape straight across the back and arms by side of body.
2. Waist: Measure completely around the narrowest portion of the waist or where the skirt will most likely be worn.
3. Hips: Measure completely around the fullest part of the hips (approx. 8" below the natural waistline).
4. Top, Skirt, and Dress Length: We recommend using our standard, long or short top and skirt lengths listed in our size charts as a guideline to determine top length. The majority of our customers go with our standard lengths. If you have more specific lengths in mind, please contact one of our helpful sales representatives to discuss your order.
5. Keep in mind that minor alterations, done locally, might be needed for the best fit once you receive your uniform. Cheerleading.com does not provide alterations but we do provide generous seam allowances in most of our garments to allow for easy alterations.
More information about top length measurements: To determine the Top Length measurement, measure from the tip of the most prominent bone at the base of the neck to where you want the top to hit on your backside. Please keep in mind where you will be wearing your skirt when measuring this length, especially if you are with a school or organization that does not permit the stomach to show. We recommend our standard length for most team members but do offer longer lengths if needed.
More information about skirt length measurements: Our skirt length is measured from the bottom of the waistband to the edge of the skirt, and from the natural waistline to the bottom edge of mid- rise skirts. Measure in back from the natural waistline over the backside to the desired length on leg. Please give length in whole inch increments (ex: 12", not 11 ½"). The waistband is not included in skirt length.
Inseam and Arm Length Measurements: These measurements are only needed when ordering custom pants and custom long sleeve tops.
Inseam (needed only for men’s pants and custom polyester warm-ups): Measure from the inside of the leg beginning at the crotch seam and measure down the leg to the desired length. We recommend that uniform shoes be worn to determine the proper inseam.
Arm Length (needed only for custom half tops and long sleeve tops): When ordering custom half tops and long sleeve tops, we recommend standard sleeve length or long sleeve length. See our size charts below. All Sleeve Lengths come in standard lengths. Sleeve Lengths on long sleeve SpiritFlex tops may be ordered as standard or long (STD + 2"). Our arm length is measured from the end of the clavicle to the outer fold of the wrist with the arm slightly outstretched and elbow straight. To find the end of the clavicle, feel the bone at the top of the shoulder. Follow this toward the arm until you reach the indentation indicating where the arm and shoulder meet. Measure from this point, down the top of the extended arm with straight elbow, to the outer fold of the wrist, which can the found by bending hand upward, palm down, so that the finders are trying to point upward toward the ceiling.
Measuring Instructions for Mid-Rise skirts: Measure skirt lengths for all Mid-Rise skirts from the natural waist. Because of the mid-rise nature of these skirts, the body of all Mid-Rise skirts will measure 1" shorter than the provided measured skirt length (not including waistband). FIT KITS RECOMMENDED FOR MID-RISE SKIRTS.
If you have any questions, just give us a call at 1-800-411-4105 or drop us an e-mail at email@example.com and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.